|Pubs of the Past|
|Crick had many more hostelries at the turn of the 20th century. There were at least another four, which included The Shoulder of Mutton, The Grand Union Inn (also known as The Wharf), The Flying Horse and the Geogre Hotel.
The Shoulder of Mutton
This was a very popular pub which is now a private residence.
|The Grand Union Inn
The Inn was situated on the Grand Union Canal by Crick Wharf and was used by boatmen and villagers. During the 1820's and 30's, John Foster, a farmer, rented the premises from the Union Canal Company. In the early 20th century Walter John Crofts was the publican and a coal merchant at the wharf. The pub was more commonly known as The Wharf. Today the building is no longer occupied and has been left derelict.