Newport Pagnell Fair
The fair always came to Newport Pagnell around midsummer. Originally it came to the High Street near where the health centre is today, but subsequently moved to Bury Fields Common. It was owned by the Thurston Family and there is a hotel named after it near the original site today. Sherington school closed for the day for the children to attend, and Newport Pagnell schools closed for two days.
Click on the logo to go home
Newport Pagnell fair in the early 1900's
Photograph used with permission of Newport Pagnell Historical Society