|After the 1st World War parts of the Brewery properties were sold off. The stabling and buildings at the back of the Dolphin and the cottage, garden and access shown on the 1875 plan of the Brewery, to the right of the Dolphin, were sold in 1920. (The cottage had been demolished earlier than this as this picture taken in 1906 shows).
|In 1922 Charles and Frank Wilford closed the access and built a shop premises on it. The stabling was used as a builders yard.
Charles Wells became involved with the Brewery and although not totally conveyed to them until 1926, they were involved with the leasing of the building. They closed the Brewery but retained many of the Public Houses including the Dolphin.
It was 1924 before the brewery site was once again occupied.
|Picture shows wooden frontage where once was a Cottage. Side access was probably a small path.|