The Newport Pagnell




The Brewery was purchased by Messrs Allfrey and Lovell of Bedford, for the sum of £20,100. They were known as the Newport Pagnell Brewery Company and in 1899 they became a Limited company. They had introduced Mineral Waters by 1903.
Shows a horse drawn cart from the Newport Pagnell Brewery co. The man with the horse can also be seen to the far right of the next picture. Thanks to Dennis Mynard for both pictures. Shows the Brewery workers in the late 1890's. It is thought that the man in the bowler hat at the back is the foreman Charles Silsby, his father was chief brewer before his death in 1861.