The Newport Pagnell




The Brewery was now being run by George Osborn Rogers (another son of Doctor John Roger's) and his brother-in-law, William Bateman Bull. The company was now known as Rogers and Co. Ltd. Rogers now traded as Brewers and Spirit Merchants and by 1959 was a limited company.

1875 saw the Brewery, Brewery house and 34 public houses once again offered for sale.

A plan of the brewery site supplied by Mr James Cooper shows the Brewery, House, and public house and the extent of the property. As you can see there was large garden to the rear of the house, with an orchard to the right of this. Further right shows the stable yard and stables . There was also further stables behind the Dolphin. the plan also shows a small cottage next to the Dolphin with a long garden to the rear and bridle path to the side of this providing access to the stables from the High Street. Compare the difference to the 1968 aerial view of Coopers.
Plan of Rogers and Co. Ltd. 1875