|Doctor John Rogers was the son of Thomas Rogers also a Doctor who also had along with his son had his own malting's in the town previously. Joseph Parsons was a brewer from St Albans and had married John's sister Elizabeth in in 1806.
1823 and Joseph's son Jesse Parsons and Co. were running the Brewery.
|The Brewery was successfully run and owned by Rogers and Parsons for many years. The 1841 census showed John Rogers aged 23, as a brewer and his father John Rogers aged 59 as a surgeon. From 1844 Parsons and Rogers became hop merchants as well as brewers and maltsters.
However by 1848 Jesse was not listed and the Brewery was known as Rogers and Sons.
|Doctor John Roger's died in 1956 and the business past on to his elder son John. But he too died a few years later.|