The oak pulpit was erected.

The Lychgate was given by the wife and children of Arnold Steer in his memory.

For the first time, in 1954, Saint Giles Church had a Christmas crib. The figures were given by St Giles Fellowship and the crib itself was made by Mr Arthur Webb.
'The work of installing electric lighting to Saint Giles Church, Stony Stratford also commenced this year at an estimated cost of £350.'

The Lychgate
Restoration started in April of flaking stonework, and making good stones and joints. The church needed to raise £10,000 to repair the tower. Mr Richard Odell was the chairman of the fundraising committee.

The south wall was resurfaced because stone kept falling off. The loose stone was scraped back and cement wash was put over to seal the surface and keep out the water. Internally, the building was repainted using the colours that had been there previously.

The tower roof was stripped and re-covered in copper, because copper is lighter and cheaper.

The lead to the eaves of the main roof along both the north and south sides was completely replaced.

The north walls were repaired which was quite an extensive operation with a lot of new stonework installed, and the original repointed.

The organ was moved from a position on the north aisle so that it was located centrally on the balcony at the back of the church, which was a better arrangement for the choir.
The organ in its present position - January 2001