The Swan Revived << BACK


This is how the Swan used to look in the early 1800s. There was a central carriageway and a public house called the Blue Boar to the left. In January 1821, Thomas Brown became the new innkeeper. He purchased and demolished the Blue Boar to make way for a side carriageway. The central carriageway was filled in and a new front added, giving us the Swan we know today. It now became advertised as a Family and Commercial Hotel, Posting and Excise Office.