|This is the second Master's house on the site; the first was built in 1825 by John Heygate, and demolished in 1888. The new house was built further up the hill, that same year, on what had been the Master's garden.
It was paid for by Mr W W Slye , on the condition that theTrustees awarded him a small annuity, by way of acknowledgement.
It was a large and handsome building, destined to be occupied for almost the next hundred years, by the Headmasters of the school.
The last occupants of the house were Mr Lattimore and his family. The house was demolished when he retired to make way for a new suite of classrooms. This was in 1971