During the 19th century, education in West Haddon, like the rest of Great Britain, underwent radical reforms.
In 1818, according to the Education Returns (now held at the County Records Office) two Sunday Schools existed in West Haddon, educating some 80 children between them. (In 1808 Mr John Kilsby had bequeathed the annual interest of £10 for ever to the Church Sunday School). The same return, details that on two evenings each week a writing school was held free of charge attended by 40 children.
A third small school also seemed to be in existence with 30 children on its roll but was described in the Return as of an inferior description.
|Copies of Signatures of some of the original Trustees:|
|The other Trustees included:|
John Heygate ThomasHeygate, jnr. William Heygate, jnr. William Lovett
Thomas Underwood George Jackson