The East wall of the Nave is part of the original 12th century Church which stood on this site. The elaborate tracery around the windows indicates that the church was of considerable importance.
In 1864 the high open timbered ceiling was uncovered during restoration work. Originally all walls and ceilings would have been plastered over. To the left of the Chancel arch is a Georgian carved and painted Royal Arms panel.
This 19th Century font is not the original. A plain , octagonal ,14th century font which lay until recently in the churchyard has now been brought back into the North Chapel.
The Font
The Pulpit