It is probable that the Chancel was built by Walter de Keynes, who was Rector of the Parish from 1291 to his death in 1330.
A villager made this intricate altar cloth photographed during Lent. The altar screen is particularly beautiful and has to be seen to be appreciated. The Church silver,which comprises of a cup,paten ,salver and flagon was donated by Laurence Smith in the early 1700's. It is now safely stored in Christchurch Cathedral in Oxford.
The Sedilia and Piscina, shown above, is a stone basin near the altar in R.C. and pre-Reformation churches for draining water used in the Mass.The brass is of Adam Babyngton ,rector in 1427. There is a Latin inscription beneath.
We had some fun on a rainy morning doing this brass rubbing!