The Hinde & Mann factory, was built on the corner of Wellingborough Road and Midland Road (formerly Station Road because of the location of the railway station), and was officially opened on the 12th of May 1884.
It was founded by William Hinde and Joseph Mann, who had already formed a partnership a few years before. They had a small factory in Back street (now known as East street) at the rear of the shop in the High street which until recently was called Minneys Cycle Shop.
Click here to continue