The Choir

This is the choir at St.James taken around 1930.
This is an account given by two sisters who knew and lived near the Rev'd Guest.
Click here to view some of the Rev'd Guest's compositions.
St.James had a strong choir with Mr Charlie Scott, the organist and Mr Robinson, who carried the crucifix for the choir.

The Reverend Guest wrote hymns and put music to them which used to be sung in church, but unfortunately due to endless rows, less people went to church and the choir went on strike, many joining other congregations.

To View Next Section.
Click Here