Caldecote Mill

A mill has stood on this site and is recorded in the Domesday Book - the last, however, burnt down in 1875 and this house now stands there.
Ted Bayliss, a local farmer talking about the Mill
Behind Caldecote Mill there are the remains of a pumping station which was built in the 1930's to cope with the increased demand for water in Newport Pagnell. There was already a pumping station at Ash Hill (top of Lakes Lane). A pipeline was laid to the back of the swimming pool, where there is still a water tower.