From 1927 onwards the Parochial Council Minutes make frequent references to the poor state of repair of the schoolhouse. Repairs such as redecoration and new floors were made to the building including electric lighting being installed in 1931. By 1943 the building was only used occasionally for social functions. It continued to deteriorate and by 1972 was in danger of being demolished.

Fortunately in 1980 it was purchased by Mr and Mrs Button who set out to renovate the building as a residential dwelling. The bell which had been removed some years previously when the building was no longer used was then returned to the Buttons and now hangs in its former position.

Click here to see the work completed
Olive Dundas recalls the school bell being returned to the bell tower when restoration work was done.