Village People

Click Here for School Page
Click here for Pub page
Butcher
Click here for Shop's page

In the early 1920's there were two butchers in the village, Mr Fielding and Mr Johnson. Mr Johnson's shop was in the Bell Yard.

Edgar Lay - The Butcher - came from Bedford in the mid 1930's. His father was Thomas Lay, who owned The Nest Farm on the Northampton Road. It was on this farm Edgar Lay raised the animals for his butchery business. His shop was previously owned by Mr Fielding, in partnership with one of his in-laws, William Harley.

He would do the slaughtering in the evening and the meat was hung overnight but wasn't sold until a day later.

Click here for Village Map
Click here for Gallery
Click here for Village History
Click here for Churches
Click to see us