The original Station was a wooden shed sited about 200m north of where it is now.
Rebuilt by LNWR in 1859 and enlarged again in 1874,when the station was renamed Leighton Buzzard.

Changes to the building occurred in 1956 and 1966 after the line become electrified.
From 1989 the platforms were lengthend and the station rebuilt at a cost of £ 1.8 million