The mews houses stand on the site of the old Rochester house stables.
When the mews houses were built the old stable bricks were used in the rebuilding
We know from the 1891 census that the 7th Earl of Orkney - Edmund Walter Fitzmorris owned the property (Born in 1867 died 1951) The Earl was Justice of the Peace ; Master of Wadden chase from 1920-23 and Provincial Grandmaster from 1893-1903.