* St Barnabas has only had 3 organists in the 20th
* The lines on the bottom of the church bells change the
* Services in Church were all in Latin until 1549.
* Graves are dug to a depth of about 2.5 metres (8 or 9
* Halloween is the eve of Hallowmas or All Saints Day.
* Grazing of animals is forbidden in graveyards.
* 'Beating the Bounds' was a phrase used when the
* The Bells in a Church are tolled to mark a death as
* Alfred Howe 1898-1991 joined the choir at the age of
* Gargoyles were originally used on the top of churches to throw water away from the roofs The word originates from the French "gargouille" meaning "pipe or throat". Although it was believed that they frightened away any evil spirits.
* The maximum number of bodies to be buried in a
* It was written that Robert Raikes first started
* A law was passed in 1880 that stopped any burying on
* The Bible, the special book of the Christian faith, is
* Bibles written in English used to be rare, when Henry
* At St Mary's there is a bequest board hanging in the chancel, they tell of gifts to the church.
* Pulpits from which the sermon is given came about
* Some churches have a sounding board and canopy