|By 1970 the new Lakes Primary and Secondary Schools were in use. The Lakes Secondary School was to accommodate 810 pupils at a cost in the region of £500,000. This school was soon to be renamed. The Leon School, Bletchley was officially opened on 10 March 1971 by the Rt. Hon. Lord Belstead.|
|Leon School when it first opened in 1971.|
|Leon school now.|
|Work had already begun on extensions to the school and were due for completion in November 1972 - this was to cater for 600 additional pupils bringing the total to 1410.
The schools design comprised of one five-storey block, one three-storey block, and single and two-storey blocks. The school provided a pleasant environment for the pupils to enjoy.
|The above two photographs show the interior of Leon School when it first opened.|
|Leon provided excellent facilities for physical education and, of course, is now known as Leon Sports College.
|Previous page... School Time.|